Host/Hostess - The Bartolotta Restaurants
The Bartolotta Restaurants is currently seeking to hire hosts to join our hospitality team. Our portfolio of restaurants range from some of the finest dining experiences in Milwaukee to a variety of more casual options. If you are looking for a home to contribute your talents and develop within a team, make this your next stop. No matter the type of environment you are seeking to serve, we've got an award-winning restaurant that will meet your needs - and exceed your expectations.
Hosts provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service for all guests, while assisting other team members and management in the delivery of a positive dining experience and overall guest satisfaction.
- Greet guests with a friendly and outgoing demeanor and accommodates any special needs or guest requests.
- Seat guests in a timely manner while engaging them with conversation.
- Manage the waitlist during high-volume periods while providing accurate quotes for wait times.
- Promptly answers phones and routes calls to the proper custodian.
- Take reservations into reservation book providing clear and accurate guest information.
- Knowledgeable in areas of menu reading to effectively field questions from guests, vendors, and phone inquiries.
- Perform side work before, during, and after shift as has ended.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area/station
- Assist other team members and management as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Present professional demeanor in attire, language, and attitude.
- Log and perform exchange of moneys for gift certificate purchases.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Ability to communicate with management regarding guest questions and/or comments.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior restaurant experience preferred.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Walking through dining room on carpeted and hardwood flooring.
- Light/moderate lifting is required.
- Position dictates working in a fast-paced environment and subject to irregular hours including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
Indicate your preferred work location. Every effort will be made to accommodate your location request, provided openings in that unit exist.
Full or Part-Time
Direct Supervisor: General Manager, Management Team