Expeditor of Food Orders - The Bartolotta Restaurants
The Bartolotta Restaurants is currently seeking to hire experienced expeditors to join our culinary and service team. Our portfolio of restaurants range from some of the finest dining experiences in Milwaukee to a variety of more casual options. If you are looking for a home to contribute your talents and develop within a team, make this your next stop. No matter the type of environment you are seeking to serve, we've got an award-winning restaurant that will meet your needs - and exceed your expectations.
The Food Order Expeditor serves a critical functional role in coordinating and consolidating all outgoing food items from the kitchen assuring high standards of plate presentation and food quality, timeliness, accuracy, and consistency in food production. The individual best suited for this role is one who can manage and organize food orders, translate and communicate orders in a timely manner, and maintain composure in a highly active environment.
- Prepare work station.
- Assembling, managing, and processing food orders.
- Communicating food order with urgency.
- Ensuring plates are properly garnished.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn food handling techniques.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work late nights and unpredictable hours.
Indicate your preferred work location. Every effort will be made to accommodate your location request, provided openings in that unit exist.