Grill Cook - The Bartolotta Restaurants
The Bartolotta Restaurants is currently seeking to hire experienced grill cooks to join our service team. Our portfolio of restaurants range from some of the finest dining experiences in Milwaukee to a variety of more casual options. If you are looking for a home to contribute your talents and develop within a team, make this your next stop. No matter the type of environment you are seeking to serve, we've got an award-winning restaurant that will meet your needs - and exceed your expectations.
The Grill Cook will prepare menu items as directed by senior culinary staff.
- Prepares menu items according to standard recipes, plate presentations and specifications in a timely manner.
- Responsible for stations such as, but not limited to, hot appetizers, sauté, and fish.
- Sets up workstation according to station diagram and daily product inventory to Chef’s standards.
- Completes all assigned prep work and side work to Chef’s standards.
- Maintains product presentation, product quality and cook time standards.
- Negotiates narrow crowded aisles with hot and cold food products.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after shift.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling always.
- Assist other team members with unit stations and management as needed.
- Present professional demeanor in attire, language, and attitude.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn food-handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain personal cleanliness.
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to read.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Indicate your preferred work location. Every effort will be made to accommodate your location request, provided openings in that unit exist.
Full or Part-Time
Direct Supervisor: Executive Chef, Management Team