AM Prep Cook - The Bartolotta Restaurants
The Bartolotta Restaurants is currently seeking to hire experienced prep cooks to join our service team. Our portfolio of restaurants range from some of the finest dining experiences in Milwaukee to a variety of more casual options. If you are looking for a home to contribute your talents and develop within a team, make this your next stop. No matter the type of environment you are seeking to serve, we've got an award-winning restaurant that will meet your needs - and exceed your expectations.
The prep cooks prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other items as directed by senior culinary staff. This is a great entry-level position for someone interested in learning culinary skills and advancing in the industry.
- Prepares meal ingredients as directed by the head chef, senior chef, or other staff.
- Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares simple dishes such as breads or salads.
- Mixes or prepares condiments, dressings, and sauces.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work late nights and unpredictable hours.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
Indicate your preferred work location. Every effort will be made to accommodate your location request, provided openings in that unit exist.
Full or Part-Time
Direct Supervisor: Executive Chef, Management Team